From:
"POSEN, DAYNA (MAN)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:04:25 -0600
I need some good luck prayers from everybody.  I don't know if any of you
read my post a couple of days ago, but I was looking for things to have
my vet check.  I just had a feeling I should get my 10 month old Gonz-man
to the vet.  Well, I am very glad, yet upset, that I took him in.  I
asked the vet a number of questions.  One question being," Feel this on
the sides of his neck, are these just fat pads?" I was aware before going
in that lymphoma causes swollen lymph nodes, but I assumed that it was
not common in ferrets at such a young age.  Gonzo is going in to get a
biopsy taken on Wednesday.  Please pray for me to get good news!  I am
worried, because I now know that lymphoma prognosis is not good in
ferrets under a year old.  What am I to do?  I can't stop thinking that I
am going to lose him.  He already has had one surgery (eye removal) in
his short life, and now he has to go under the knife again.  He is a big
boy (3.7 lb-er) and I am hoping they are just fat pads.  If any body has
dealt with this disease at such a young age please let me know how it
panned out.  [log in to unmask]

On the funny side, I ate at Subway yesterday and brought my soda home.
Gonzo loves fast food drinks.  I caught him one minute after setting my
soda down, trying to get it off of the end table.  Three attempts later,
he's off to hide it under the couch.  Now that would be a funny Subway
commercial.  (Normally, I would have taken the soda from him, but he's
getting spoiled because his mom and dad are worried about him.  He even
had a "two day poop wherever he wanted to without getting in trouble"
pass.  That is sooooo over now).  Please pray for Gonzo.

For the love of ferts,
Dayna & Gonz-man