From:
Crystal Bedell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:30:21 -0600
Hello Fuzzy Friends,

I've enjoyed reading about your ferrets' markers of subtle satisfaction
and joy, that is, the things they do to let us know that they are happy.
So, I thought I'd throw in my two cents, or three, as the case may be.

Frodo, male, one year old: Since Frodo is always happy, it would be more
appropriate to explain when I know that he's not.  But, I absolutely love
it when he hops across the room, stomping down with two feet at a time so
that it sounds like a whole business is running through the room.

Bilbo, male, about a year and a half: Bilbo is naturally very high
strung, but when he's happiest, he does the weasel war dance around me,
darts off, and looks back at me as if to say, "well, what are you waiting
for?  your're it!"

Baby, female, about five years old: It's a little harder to say with my
little girl.  She has a ton of attitude... but I think she is happiest
when she's rolling around in her tent and I'm giving her a good rub
down... or is that when I'm happiest?  :)

Okay, so maybe these aren't subtle signs, but I'm not sure my ferrets
(or ferrets in general, for that matter) do much of anything that is
subtle. ;)

Best Fuzzy Wishes,
Crystal in Spokane, WA
with Baby, Bilbo and Frodo