From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:23:55 -0800
As some of you know, I have lost a number of animals over the last 2
months.  A friend sent me this excerpt from "The Once Again Prince"
which I have found comforting.  I hope it will help someone else--

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than
our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often broken.

Unable to accept it's awful gaps, we would still live no other way.  We
cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never understanding the
necessary plan."

Warm condolences to those with missing or sick babies, and to those with
babies at the Bridge.

=====
When you get a chance to be nice to someone, take it: everyone is hiking
uphill.