From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:04:02 -0700
Hello everyone!  I think it has been a long time since I have sent out an
update.  So here goes.

There are currently 11 in the shelter: Buster, Sammy, Coco, Butterscotch,
Sox, Bandit, Snowflake, Nibbles, Dakota, Drake and Rocky.

Adoptables: Sammy, Sox and Bandit, Snowflake, Nibbles and Drake, Dakota,
Rocky.

Awaiting surgery: Butterscotch (Coco is cagemate)

Permanent Resident: Buster

Some short information about the ferrets and what has happened:

Buster: Had adrenal surgery and found to have insulinoma.  Permanent
resident due to medical, age (5 years), on duck soup and does not like
change.

Sammy: 1 1/2 year old male.  Great ferret!  He would be perfect in a
single ferret home.  Has a lot of energy and LOVES to play with people!

Coco and Butterscotch: Pet Store rescues about a month ago.  Both about 4
years old.  Butterscotch will go in for surgery in about 2 weeks for
adrenal.  Coco is still being monitored because of some hair loss on his
tail - but it seems to be growing back.

Sox and Bandit: Both about 4-5 years old.  They came to us on Wed.  Oct
16.  Thursday they had their vet appointment, and on Friday Sox had
surgery.  During the vet appointment we had an x-ray done because he just
didn't look right- real tired, big belly and just laid out in the open
all of the time.  The x-ray showed something in his tummy.  On Friday a
2 inch hairball was removed from his stomach.  His stitches came out the
other day and he is up and running with no problems.  Both love to
cuddle...Sox more than Bandit.

Snowflake: 6 month old silver female.  She was a pet store kit that
someone bought and after "working" with her for 4 months couldn't get her
to stop biting.  So they gave her to us.  We have been working with her
for about 2 weeks and she has improved a lot.  She just needed love and
time.

Nibbles, Dakota, Drake: These came to us about a month ago as 4 ferrets
but we adopted out Dezil the other day (he was not bonded with anyone).
Drake just had adrenal surgery on Friday and must be adopted out with
Nibbles once he has recovered.  They are all around 4 years old.  Nibbles
is a little nippy.  Drake is really playful and "laughs" a lot.  Dakota
is a large ferret and does not always get along with other ferrets.  He
just knows one way to play with them and that is kinda rough.  But he
does great with people.

Rocky: Rocky is around 1 - 2 years old and is a dark sable.  He is
adorable.  He was given up because the lady just didn't want "it"
anymore.  Someone gave it to her son and he doesn't play with "it" so she
didn't want "it".  This boy is amazing.  He isn't use to other ferrets
since he wasn't raised around them.  But he sure does love people.  He
gives Shawn kisses and baths all day long.  He is another laugher and
loves to have his back scratched.

We had our Annual Ferrets on the Loose Picnic on Sunday.  What a great
turn-out.  There was food, fun, and of course all of the little ferrets.
I would like to thank everyone who came out - if even only for a short
time.  We had a wonderful time out there and I hope that everyone that
was there did too.

Joanne and Shawn
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz