From:
Anna Carolyn Abney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 12:52:21 EST
>Good lord, how people overreact.  Can you imagine if the put every cat or
>dog that's clawed or snapped at a child to sleep?  The public would be up
>in arms.

Actually, this is very often the case.  It is not just ferrets, but
all animals that suffer at the hands of human ignorance.  I work at a
boarding kennel/vet clinic and a family bringing in a cat or dog who has
snapped or hissed at their child to be murdered by needle is not uncommon
at all.  And the general public doesn't care much.  Only those of us who
have been lucky enough to know the love of an animal are up in arms.  So
it's up to us to to be their voice.

Anna and Vykos
Greenwood, SC