From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 21:15:36 -0800
I open up my mailbox today, to find out that 22 individual people have
emailed words of encouragement, ideas, possibilities, what they would do,
things to look for in Noodles, and even a fund-raising idea.  I want to
thank ALL of you from the bottom of my heart.  I've been feeling a little
down in the dumps this week and I just want to let you guys know that I
do appreciate everything that you have done.  I am thinking FML stands
for something new now.  Fa-Mi-Ly (notice the f, the m, and the l are
capitalized)  That's just what you guys are...I dont think I could ever
talk about my ferrets as much to anyone but on this list...they'd look
at me like I'm crazy...but WE dont think we're crazy...DO WE???

I think that since Noodles is still wanting to eat and drink, and her
poops are still normal, and has a little bit of spunk left in her (aside
from the itching) that it's worth a shot.  A (4-6 month dose i think) of
Lupron ordered through the vet I am taking Noodles to in Huntsville Would
cost $190 plus a 14 or 15 dollar injection fee...this is where the vet
orders it through the pharmacy, I call them and have them ship it to his
hospital.  Is this a little expensive?  I'm thinking that is there a
possibility of a cheaper lupron shot :)  I live in North Alabama, and I'm
willing to drive as far as my pontiac will take me.  If anyone knows of
a cheaper way to get the shot...even if it's just a 2-3 month dose.  I'd
love to hear other possible ways to save a little bit.

Noodles is possibly a surgical candidate, but the vet that i want her to
do the surgery told me that if we open her up and it's really bad, that
the humane thing would be....well... but there's a chance that she could
remove the cystic tumor and her right adrenal gland.  More like a 50/50
chance I think.  I think she estimated about $350-450 maybe a little bit
more.  I asked her if it was her ferret what would she do...she said the
surgery, and I value her opinion.  I'm thinking that If I can get Noodles
the lupron shot, and make her comfortable for just a little bit and get
her to feeling better (get her strength and hopes up) then when I save up
enough try the surgery IF she is up to it.

Anyone know a cheap way to smuggle lupron (short from robbing the
pharmacy LOL!)

-val

=====
~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~