From:
Debbie Bassaraba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 20:27:03 EST
Hi,
The Tucson Ferret Friends Club Picnic was a great success.  We had about
32 people show up at Reid Park.  Several families showed up and it was
nice to see all the young people interact with their ferrets.  All in
all, the Ferrets and their owners seemed to have a wonderful time.
Several ferrets raced through tubes in the tube races in search of the
first place prize.  All contests were wonderful and a good time was had
by all.  The Tucson Ferret Club would like to thank Joanne Ruffner and
Shawn McBride from the Ferret Corner located in Sierra Vista for helping
out and running the contests.  Normally, Ginny Childs does this, but she
was under the weather so Shawn and Joanne stepped in and helped run our
contests.  Thank You!

I would like to personally thank Kris from Wilcox, and her son, Ketrick,
who also helped set up the "souvenir table" and the "food table." It was
wonderful to have the help.

Again, thank you, we could not have done it without you.  We hope to see
everyone who could not attend this time come to the next Ferret Friends
event (or come to Ferret Corner's Picnic in Sierra Vista).

Debbie
P.S. Sorry, Mary Jo and Rich, if I would have known that you guys were
coming, I would have baked a birthday cake!