From:
Joanne Hinton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 01:22:57 -0800
Hey y'all,
Of my two babies, Baxter is trained when to jump and when not to.  He
rides very well on my shoulder and once jumped off my shoulder into a
bucket of water which did not make him very happy.  Now he waits for the
magic words (hop down) and my lean and he'll jump off my shoulder usually
when I'm leaning above the bed or sofa where it will be safe.  Minka on
the other hand, she is the flying squirrel.  She gets so excited and
always want to go so she'll run down my chest and I usually have to catch
her or she'll fall.

Recently, I've started taking the babies on a walk in the park.  We used
to reside in California so I would never walk them there, but now that
we're here in Seattle we can go outside.  We love the park and go almost
daily, but at what point is it too cold for them?  (or am I just assuming
that since I'm cold they are even though they have winter coats and I
don't...)  We only walk until they're ready to go home (indicated when
they come back to me and paw at my leg when I pick them up and they
arrange themselves in the hood of my sweatshirt.)  Is that enough then?
Baxter has never lived anyplace cold, and I'm sure it has been too long
for Minka to remember.

Finally, they mentioned ferrets in a recent Subway ad.  I had never seen
the ad before but while watching Saturday Night live they had these
two guys standing at a burger counter... the one guy says to the clerk
something about what the clerk knows about the customer and one of the
questions is "did you know he has a ferret named ricardo"... something
about this just made me laugh.  Later at the end the customer says to his
friend "How do you know I have a ferret?" and the friend says something
like "I know people"..  It was just cute...

Finally, any vet recommendations in Seattle?  The babies need their
shots.

Thanks!
Joanne Minka & Baxter