From:
William Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:27:08 -0500
>From:    Aarrow-Ranch Aviation <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I have e-mailed the person that rescued the ferret from the military
>person that held him in a locker without food or water.  Glad he was
>rescued, but this needs to not go unnoticed by his commanding officer
>for sure.  For the benefit of the animal and future animals as well as
>the safety of others in his military group.  Please support me in this
>move.  We dearly love our military people especially in this time of our
>need, but we also cannot tolerate terrorism of animals who cannot defend
>themselves.
>
>Gordon Bengtson, Byte-me, Nibble-ed, and Kodo

Blessings to all furry or not,

While I agree that animals should not be treated in such an inhumane
way I fear that if this guy is reported it will simply make it worse
for other animals.  At least he had enough caring to come forward and
surrender the ferret.  If we report him to his commanding officer and
he gets in trouble I'm afraid it will make others less likely to come
forward.  They might just release the animal in the surrounding woods
or take it out and shoot it.

Regards,
Hawk & Patrick,
Salem, Faye, Bandit, Bowser, Bailey, Ferry and Sugar the ferts
Pyewacket  & Azriel the cats
and Smokey the African Grey
Blessings to all animals great and small and those of us who love and
adore them.