From:
T OSullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 16:26:43 -0000
>It may be my UK upbringing but I do not think fat ferrets, dogs or kids
>look cute or healthy.
>
>Chris.  The Wessex Ferret Club

I have to agree with Chris on this point.

The animals we are now seeing at shows are just to fat and once these
animals are put up against the more natural ferret who should be slim and
not obese the owners have to take abuse from other ferret owners who only
know fat ferrets and have only kept them for a relatively short time.

Some of my ferrets especially the hobs are large and heavy, yet I know
how much they eat.  They are offered both dry and moist cat food six
evenings out of seven and their water is replaced every evening.

One day I hope to get around to taking all of their pictures and weighing
all my ferrets, just to show the differences in size and weight.

Tony

http://www.geocities.com/houseferrets13uk/index.html