From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 23:45:31 EST
>It is the end of 2002 and CLEARLY the vet schooling requirements need
>to be changed.  Vets need to be able to distinguish and treat this
>malady (illness) in ferrets.  REGARDLESS as to whether diet induced ( I
>personally disagree here) or early spay / hormonal attributed ( I fully
>agree here) no matter what the cause is, there is a time to focus on the
>Vet school minimum requirements and this CLEARLY is one which needs to
>be addressed NOW!
>
>ALicia

Hi Alicia ~

I totally agree.  I read somewhere most vet schools do not offer their
own courses on ferrets.  Is this still true?  I would not have believed
that, but am finding it may be true.  In looking for medical texts on
ferrets there are only 4 or so I have found.  This does not include the
routine books on fuzzies.  I have the Fox text and will get the others,
but would love to see courses offered in vet schools, and would even
lobby for them.

Warmly ~
Mary

Herbalist