From:
Lois Caselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 10:50:49 -0600
I currently have 16 ferrets.  They are as different as night and day in
some respects and the same in others.

Cocoa has been with me for 5 years.  He was owned by a friends daughter.
The owner had her baby & she slept on the sofa and the baby slept in her
arms.  Cocoa got up on the sofa and bit the tar out of this baby.  On top
of her head and on her lips.  Jade was taken to the doctor and they put
some antibiotics on it, gave her some antibiotics and sent her home.
Cocoa came home with me.

Wolfie and Toby came to my house loving babies.  The people I got them
from had pictures of them sleeping together etc.  (I mean sleeping on the
moms lap or with the mom right beside them on the sofa as they slept)
Cocoa was a neglected ferret BUT so was Wolfie.  Toby was a loved ferret
before his girl outgrew him.

Koby is a little lover of ALL animals.  When the cat had kittens he was
right there watching and snuggling these babies.  Bandit on the other
hand would kill them if he got the chance and these two are brothers.

Some of these guys are perfectly content to play inside our ferretproofed
fence since it is a huge yard and fence.  But there are others even as
they get older and sicker want to see "what's on the other side of the
fence".  That is why we have fence patrol and flood lights.

Most of my guys like Churches Chicken Gravy but I have one that will
actively SPIT IT AT ME if I try to slip it in on him.

They like the same toys, hammies, blankies, etc and they dislike some of
the same.  I swear they are more like people than some think.  Just like
humans, it's different strokes for different folks..er I mean ferrets
lol.