From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 22:33:02 -0700
please dont read this if you have a weak stomach...it really is heart
breaking...

I was in tears on and off today at work.  Driving out to work, the road
passes through a wildlife refuge, and the speed limit is "supposed to be"
55MPH I'm in the right lane, and it's only going about 20.  (figured
there was a wreck up ahead) I finaly got up to what was causing the
slow-down.  There was a car parked in the right lane with it's flashers
on, and the trunk popped open.  Driving by I noticed the most horrid and
heart-wrenching thing I ever saw.  It appeared to be a cat laying in the
road.  I said a small prayer for the deceased animal and drove to work.

About a half hour later, The old lady (about 50)that had hit the animal
came into the store asking if she could use the restroom to wash her
hands.  I told her to go ahead.  When she came out, she had tears in her
eyes.  I asked her what had happened.  She explained to me that earlier
that week her dog passed away.  (only thing her husband left behind when
he passed away) Today, She was driving down the road and a pregnet cat
walked in her car's path.

Most people would keep going.  This lady had the love and the heart to
stop, and block other drivers from re-hitting it, and drag it off the
road.

I cannot tell you how important it is to love your animals.  It truly
does take heart to have the responsibility this lady did.  I know this
isn't ferret related, but I just can't get it off my mind.

-Anon. [VY]