From:
"Ferret Rescue&Education Society (FRES)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:01:47 -0600
FRES received a call today from a fellow in our city who said he had
three ferrets under his shed, and he thought they were young ones.
Thankfully it had had been recommended that he phone us immediately as
they are not able to go out to catch ferrets.  Our volunteers were quite
concerned because we have been experiencing a heat wave (30+C or 90
degree F)for a few weeks now and didn't know how dehydrated they may be,
however, we have had calls like this before...and they turned out to be
weasels who have just made themselves at home in someone's yard!

And that is just what they were!  Weasels!  But were they EVER cute....
You could tell that one of them was just a few month's old, and one was
probably the mother.  They looked very healthly and were great fun to
watch!

The man was most apologetic but we assured him that we would rather he
call and it turn out to be weasels than simply just assume they were
weasels, not call, and they turn out to be ferrets.

We still advised him to put out a bowl of fresh water since the weasels
may be having a hard time finding a good supply in this weather.

What a great day, have to go now just got another call?  Is is ferret,
weasel or what?

Lorene Kimura and Kellie Sands
Volunteers
Ferret Rescue & Education Society