From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 00:48:32 -0400
Mikette has needed to be given duck soup lately (possible insulinoma) so
this evening I heated it up as usual.  Unfortunately Mikette has Duck
Soup amnesia.  She never remembers that she likes it.  Every time I give
it to her she resists.  I push it towards her, she backs away, I stick my
finger in it and offer a taste, she runs away, I grab her and push my
finger to her mouth, she remembers that she likes it and begins
(tentatively at first) licking the duck soup, I negotiate the plastic
duck soup bowl to where my finger was and hope for continued eating.
Success!  Then along comes Jillie.  She remembers that she likes duck
soup.  So I scoop a little out of the plastic bowl and put it in the
cover for her.  I leave the room to go on the computer and leave Baby
(who never forgets that she does not and will not like duck soup)
wondering why everyone else has some sort of mushy treat.  A little bit
later I hear a noise and go into the kitchen.  It's Baby.  It's not
either of the ferrets that were eating duck soup because they're not in
the kitchen.  Unfortunately neither is the duck soup.  The cover is there
with a bit of duck soup mush left in it, but the bowl is gone.  Hmmm, I
call my boyfriend just to let him know the scene I'm dealing with at
12:40 at night (hey, can I help it if I like to share the joy!) and then
I got off to find the missing bowl of duck soup.  His suggestion is to
follow my nose (don't know about other people's recipe, but my duck soup
stinks!).  In the end that's not necessary.  I only get as far as the
hall when I realize there's a trail (how convenient) a sloppy, stinky,
duck soup trail.  At the end of the trail is a tipped over almost gone
bowl of duck soup and Jillie, who apparently wanted her duck soup "to go"
happily licking away.  (-: