From:
Dawn Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 19:55:55 -0700
Sandee, if you are still out there, please meet my sweet Gherkin at the
Rainbow Bridge and let his buddies, Smidgeon and Nougat know that he is
arriving.  Gherkin passed away in my arms at 3:30 yesterday, Saturday
Aug.  30th.  He was a sweet but tough little guy.  He was a "runt", but
could take on any of my other 4 boys, all who were bigger than him.  He
survived adrenal surgery to remove the left adrenal gland, a horrible
bout of ECE all four of my boys had, killing my oldest, Smidgeon, and
surgery to remove a piece of undigested piece of my dog's rawhide from
his intestine.  Recently, he showed signs of having adrenal disease
again, and our vet found that he had a large mass in his abdomen, swollen
?glands?  behind his ears, and digestion problems all indicating that he
had a cancer.  He was a sweetie, our little "blanket boy" (we used to
hold him in a blanket to "protect" him from our older ferret when Gherkin
was a baby, and ever since then he'd always curl up in a blanket to go
to sleep), and I'll miss se eing his funny "fishy' run and hear his
whistling snores at night.  Goodbye, my sweet, poor little old man.