From:
citygirl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 03:42:02 -0600
About four months ago, the vet diagnosed Igloo as having cancer of the
spleen.  It was very hard and he could feel it.  I asked what could be
done and the vet said just let him enjoy life.  His favorite spot when
out of the cage was the potholder drawer.  He had cancer of the spleen
and was too far gone when the vet examined him.  He said it would be a
quiet death and it was.  Yesterday Igloo lost all the hair on his tail
and this AM I woke up to check on the ferrets.  I checked one group who
needed food and water and Sara, my little girl with lymphosarcoma had
plenty; when I checked the bouncing threesome, I found him laying on the
litter pan with half in and half out.  At first I just laid him on the
floor of the cage and he moaned when I did that.  So I got my husband
awake and chased down the stethoscope and his heart was barely beating.
We wrapped him in the nicest towel I could find.  And dh took over and
told me to go lay down.  He told me to go lay down and while I was
asleep-he buried Igloo in our little pet memorial garden with the statues
of St Joseph and the Blessed Virgin.  He cried while he was doing it and
said some prayers.  I told him I thought he hated the ferrets--he said he
just told me that to tease me.

I dont want to hear any flames on this board or my email.  If you want to
send ne cindikence emails, etc that will be ok

Thanks for listening and viewing
Ferretsey