From:
Nathania <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:27:37 +0200
Hi all

Has anyone had experience bringing a kitten into a household with a
ferret?  I am thinking of adopting a kitten from the french version of
SPCA but I already have a ferret....She's about 5 months old now, very
sweet but mischevious.  She can't handle the company of other ferrets,
she never wants to play their games.  I am hoping that a cat will be more
tolerant of that.  The ferret i had before with this one i have now would
bug her so much that i had to get rid of him.  Calypso endured a very
long recovery period after a bad case of intestinal infections, and Max
would not leave her alone.  I only have a one room apartment, and I did
not feel right leaving one ferret locked up in the cage and the other one
out.  He ended up driving her so far up the wall that I had to leave her
at the vet's for a week until she got better.  When she came home, he was
so jealous he pretty much beat her up- she was bleeding all over when he
was done with her.  So I had to give him away to a loving home where he
was to be the only ferret.  I hear he's doing well.

So back to my question- Has anyone ever brought a kitten into the house
with an almost adult ferret?  I am worried that either the kitten will
attack her, or that she will attack the kitten.  I'm not sure how to
approach it.  but getting an adult cat may be more dangerous to the
ferret.  Please let me know if you have any experience or suggestions

Thanks
nathania