From:
The Six Cuties <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 10:25:13 -0700
Yikes!  If I could tell all of my silly stories I would fill up an entire
issue of the FML.  So I'll try to confine myself to just one.

This is a story about my dear little Epsie (who sadly died a few years
back).  Epsie had a very optimistic, can-do attitude.  He wasn't shy
about trying silly stunts.  One day he decided that it might be possible
to climb up the back of my dining-room chair and, from there, leap onto
the kitchen counter.  He tried this, despite the fact that the counter
was several feet away and much too slick for him to grip after he landed.
Well, his front paws made it there and got just far enough to grab onto
the cord of the phone sitting on the counter.

After that came a remarkable sequence of events.  Poor Epsie, of course,
couldn't hold on to the slick countertop with just his front paws, and so
he slid down and landed on the floor.  But he managed to drag the phone
cord with him, which pulled on the phone and caused the phone to come
crashing down beside him.  As the phone fell, the phone cord caught the
spine of the phone book that was sitting next to it on the counter.  The
weight of the phone was enought to drag the phone book off the counter.
The phone book came crashing down... straight into the litter box sitting
in the corner of the dining room.  It is fortunate that the litter box
was clean, because litter went flying everywhere!  There was a little bit
of cleanup involved, but Epsie, the phone, and the phone book were none
the worse for the wear.

Hugs to all the fuzzies who bring us so much laughter!

Julie