Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 06:21:55 -0800
Ada Gibbs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I went to Walmart today and I was looking in the pet section of the
>store.  I noticed a new product called: Premium Ferret Fruit & Veggie
>Crunch with Yogurt .  It comes in a Blue and Red 7oz Box.  Has anyone
>tried this before???  Is it a good for ferrets??

I consider fruits and veggies a no-no.  Some people give in small amounts
which is probably ok as an occasional treat.  But remember ferrets are
carnivores, they need meat, and fruits and veggies do them no good at
all.  I know I know it's meant ot be a treat, bhut since there are treats
they like that are also good for them why not go that route instead?

Now, I was in Petco the other day and was VERY pleased to see *drumroll
please* Totally Ferret Treats!  I had not heard about these or seen them
before, so I did a little war dance there in the aisle.  I'm at work and
don't have the package here but meat was the first ingredient.  Not to
mention the ferrets scarfed them down first try which is unusual for
them.  Plus, being made by the same manufacturer as our #1 ferret food,
I can give them more as a treat which makes us all happier!

Star

=====
In the best of times, I hold in my mind the need to care for things
beyond the self: poetry, humanity, grace.  In other times, when it seems
difficult merely to survive and be happy about it, the condition of my
thought tastes as simple as this: let me be a good animal today.
-Barbara Kingsolver, "High Tide in Tucson"
~*~*~
http://foxfoot.tripod.com/