From:
"Scarlet L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 15:24:56 -0400
Hi Everyone,
I have a story to relay and I'm wondering if anyone else has ever
experienced this.  A week ago I went hiking and fell really hard into a
stream.  A rock punctured my shin and it bled like mad.  When I got home
that night to let my fuzzies out they all came right over to my injured
leg as if to say 'what happened, mom?' They sniffed at it without
touching it of course.  It was more like an acknowledgement that I was
injured.  The next day I went to the doctors where I received a stitch
and was put on antibiotics.  I swear my guys knew.  Cindy, who usually
doesn't want much to do with me unless I'm doling out raisins, turned
into the biggest cuddle bug.  Infact all three of them spent a lot more
time hanging out with me on the couch during the past week than any other
time I remember.  Another thing I found interesting was that when I first
got home, I tucked my socks into my hiking boots completely expecting to
find them next under the bed.  The sock that I bled on was left in the
hiking boot and the other one was of course dragged under the bed.  I've
seen them react to each other being sick.  Cindy and CJ have both had
adrenal and they were very protective of each other pre and post surgery.

Anyways, thought it was interesting.  Last time I go hiking through the
Arizona wilderness to impress a man! ;-)

Jennifer and the Frolicking Ferreteria in Phoenix; CJ, Pete, and Cindy