Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:09:58 -0700
Just recently (the past few days) my ferret has stopped using his litter
box inside his cage, and instead likes to do his business on one of the
shelves in there.  Whenever he does that I always clean it off and take
the shelf out and wash it with soapy water to get all the gross stuff and
hopefully all the smells off so he wont want to go there again.... but
always, he does.  His litter box is cleaned all the time and I leave some
of his waste in there just so he remembers that is what its for ;) and he
will go in there once and then keep going on the shelf.  I would put his
litter box up there but, #1, that would mean Im giving up, and #2 he
couldnt get down because it is in the way of the ladder.  Anyone have any
advice?  Thanks in advance.