From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 23:56:04 -0400
Hi, Lisette.  You're funny as well as clueless :)  And the person who
helps ferrets during hurricanes and other disasters is Chere McCoy in
Florida of the Ferret Friends of Indian River County.... a very good
organization!

For the newbies, S.O.S. is Support Our Shelters, a group of seven
volunteers who raise money for ferret shelters in various ways.

Among the group of us we compile the FML Shelter List, sell Ferret
Warrior bumper stickers and ferret soaps, run the Kouri Fan Club, make
bedding for the shelters, run the card exchanges, make the Ferrets of the
FML calendar, run auctions, and receive and distribute donations from the
generous members of the FML.  Some of the other people are so talented
and industrious that I've probably forgotten to mention one or more of
the great things they do to help ferret shelters.

You can read more about us on our web site (see below), but our most
visible fund raising has been for vet care for the ferrets of the New
Jersey Xmas Rescue (103 already neglected breeders stranded by their
owner's death) and the Utah Rescue (Jen Morrison's 235+ ferrets).

On an ongoing basis, you will see Joanne Ruffner reminding people to
send us their dollars for the Buck-a-Month Club, which is Joanne's very
successful brain child.  We have been able to send gifts for vet care to
the ferrets of 30 shelters so far in 2002 through BaM and other gifts.

The other six members are Georgia Wood, Ela Heyn, Sharon Bearden,
Lisa Williams, Judy Cooke and Ron Carter.
--
* * * Support Our Shelters * * *
       1236 Belfield Avenue

http://www.SupportOurShelters.org