From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 14:37:20 EDT
Hello all ~

Preparing your own remedy:

To make a remedy for an animal as small as a ferret you would take a
clean one ounce dropper bottle and fill with spring water (not tap or
distilled).  Drop 4 drops from the flower essence stock bottle you just
bought into the bottle with water.  Since this is "energy medicine" it is
important to do this when your own energy is pure and the intention is on
healing.  Gently agitate the bottle.  You now have your own stock bottle.
Label it and place in a cool, dark place.  Each day when you change your
ferrets' water drop one drop from your stock bottle into the water.
Gently shake and watch for results.  Sometimes it takes up to 2 weeks to
see behavioral results, but they do come.  The water must be changed each
day to fresh and a new drop added.  If, during the 2 weeks you do not see
a change, you can add 2 or 3 drops a day, but no more.  I have not yet
tried more than 4 drops on my little one, but her biting case was
extreme.  Of course let your vet know what you are doing, and give
him/her the web site from part 1.

Animals and animal care:

Five-Flower formula - This is the same as Bach's Rescue Remedy.  I do
like the energy from the Flower Essence Society in California, but I use
the Bach also.  For any form of stress or emergency, or when uncertain of
which remedy to give.

Holly - For jealous pets, used when another pet is vying for attention
from the caregiver.

Impatiens - For nervous, high-strung, impulsive animals.

Love-Lies Bleeding - Wounded or deeply suffering animal who may not live.

Mariposa Lilly - If a little one needs to be introduced to a surrogate
mother, this helps any bonding you may want; or for young animals in a
new home.

Mimulus - nervous conditions in animals; used on shy animals that hide
from people.

Penstemon - For illness or trauma; gives inner strength during adverse
circumstances.

Pink Yarrow - Pets who take on or mirror the emotions of their human
caretakers (used if one is exposed to loud angry fighting, unusual or
prolonged grief of the caretaker or depression of the caretaker).

Quaking Grass - Helps animals living together in a group or herd to
adjust; used when a new animal is introduced.  (This is one of my
favorites and works so well)

Red Clover - This is calming to hysterical animals; used when I take my
animals to the vet.  I keep a patch of this within their pen and just let
them roll around in it before we go.

Warmly ~
Mary L, Conley, MNH, N.D.
Herbalist