From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 20:59:00 -0700
I shared this idea with the wonderful woman who wanted some ideas on what
to do with the pennies besides jewlery.  She said I should post it here,
so here goes:

When I was really little, I was helping my grandpa design a toilet
seat.(eww whats this have to do with anything??) He said he wanted to
"Sit on his money" (or at least thats what i THINK he said) Anyways, we
drilled small circular shallow holes into the wooden seat, just the right
size for the coins that were going to be put into the seat.  We placed
the cleaned coins into the holes in the seat, and we put a sort of type
of clear puddy over them, that dried clear so the coins showed through
but stayed in the seat.  We sanded it down, Then we finished the wood
with a "wood dye?"

It got me to thinking....what if we could use these maltese pennies like
that?  NOT ON A TOILET SEAT OF COURSE, but a MEMORY box...a small box to
put fuzzy ashes in, guarded by a little angelic ferret coin?  Maybe a
small wooden box.  With a small shallow hole drilled on the top...with
the coin put in and the puddy in and it finished with a pretty wood
color?  Maybe use cedar wood?  Then Burn the fuzzy's name into the
wood...(not sure how that's done?) and decorate it?

Just an idea...maybe some carpenter knows what I'm talking about LOL!!

-Valerie

=====
~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~
       (  / \" /