From:
Krista Hand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:12:03 -0700
Ok, I am going to hit on several points in this post.  First and foremost
is to thank EVERYONE who has sent their thoughts and prayers to me for
little Medb.  She was taken to the vet to be cremated on Wednesday.  The
vet just kept petting her.  This is hard, but I am getting through it,
thanks especially to the other six wezils, who still need Momma.

Second point: Verizon wireless commercial.  (I only bring this up because
I have finally seen it!)  I have now conducted 3 waves of tests with my 6
boys.  None of them would respond in that manner to me sticking out my
tongue.  Also, in examining the footage, the manners in which that ferret
jumped suggest a thrust force.  I suspect that this owner was feeding the
poor thing something, which made it extremely gaseous, thus the fart
would thrust him in that way.  I also suspect that the owner had a tongue
barbell, we all know ferrets and their love of shiny things.  This would
be the only reason that I could see one of MY ferrets going for the
tongue.  So, the owner did not take very good care of his ferret (look at
its coat, so dull) and was teasing him with a shiny.  The ferret attack
would have been provoked because he was deprived of toys (did you see the
apartment!!) and fed a poor diet.  This is a travesty on many levels.
Not only does Verizon portray ferrets as vicious, but shows a very poor
way in own ing, maintaining, and loving a ferret.  He got what he
deserved!  Now, to the side with the humour.  It is sad that they chose a
ferret to attack a human.  I think the only other animal to attack a
human on a commercial was a deer (don t remember what they were selling).
I don t think Verizon realizes what ferrets (and their owners) have gone
through to be seen for what they really are, loving and wonderful pets
for some.  We would never see a commercial with a pit bull attacking a
human and laugh.  Which also means that they are showing that when a
ferret does attack, it causes minimal damage, compared to the life
threatening injuries from dogs and cats even.  Who knows why Verizon
chose a ferret, but they did.  If we want, we can complain.  Personally,
I am sick of the can you here me now guy.  But this commercial will not
last long, not from complaints, but do to marketing s fickle nature.

Point Three: I would like information on what is IDEAL to keep in a
ferret/feline first aid kit.  After what I went through with Medb, I need
to know for the other fuzzes.  Thanks to all

Krista

Riri: Queen/King of the Hill

Rikki: That s my Pen

Blackfoot: Trash, my beautiful trash.

Mordechai: Hey, that s my videotape!

Killer: N uh, that is MY pen

Fenris::chewing ankles:: I love you Mommy, now get under the couch!

Missing: Medb (Queen of Hearts), T.U.N.F (The Un Named Ferret), Stripe
(Air leak Ferret) and Baron (my first pet, Puppykins)

Our thoughts are with those who have lost the one(s) they love, human or
furred.