From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 01:25:40 EDT
I've been avoiding this all evening, but your very mortal moderator feels
obligated to post this:

Christopher Bennett passed away on September 16, 2002.  He was a friend
to ferrets and the ferret community and will be sorely missed.  Not only
did he start the Ferret Health List, but he was a real friend to those
in need, both human and mustelid.

I'm a bit in shock, not knowing quite what to say now.  When I heard
he was ill I took a quick flight to Florida to visit him -- he was
everything people had thought -- a real friend to the ferret community.
Now, though he is gone, but his spirt and the FHL list he started
continue to live on.

The funeral is tomorrow, Thursday.  Is anyone would like to send flowers
(his mother's request) please e-mail and I will forward the details.

Rest in peace, friend... you are in a better place now.

Bill