From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 16:00:13 -0400
>If you are looking for solely medical/health issues for ferrets, perhaps
>you should join the FHL, (Ferret Health List),
>but I will warn you now, people on the FHL do indeed feed their ferrets
>mice

A few do, just as on the FML and multiple other lists.

>and many believe the ferret gains a much more healthy/longer lifespan
>from this method of feeding.

Opinions vary within a wide range, and definitive evidence is lacking for
any of the variations that provide good enough nutrition (but there is
evidence for some hypotheses which get advanced, though not definitive
evidence), so people go with their own preferred hypotheses until more is
known, and we all continue to learn in many ways meanwhile.  Obviously,
poor nutrition causes problems.

>Oh, and a bit of advice in joining the FHL, they will not tolerate any
>posts such as the one you've written!!

Posts must be on-topic as one of the things needed to retain the level of
vet participation needed for the FHL's function, and that need to retain
the vets is one of the most essential reasons for several of our few
rules being designed and was among the very first considerations we
discussed in the planning stages.

We also require a degree of gentleness and inclusiveness because many
members are already under stress.  That, too, causes a special moderating
consideration which doesn't fit for many other lists.

Even the design constrictions of a list host or website host can
influence structure.

To each his or her own, or in the case of sites and lists to each its
own.

There have been the same rules since before we left Yahoogroups, and
they can be found at
http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/ferrethealth/fhl_rules.txt

I hope that this is understandable enough; I am having an off day due to
some allergy problems that got out of hand for a bit today.