From:
Melissa Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:37:17 -0700
I'd have to agree.  My husband and I are childless, can't have children
at all, and own/are owned by/parent ferrets.  Three of them, as a matter
of fact.  They are our babies, just as much as any human child would be.
I know that on the day that we lose Tomoyo (our princess who war dances
with such abandon that she does flips, then cuddles like no ferret I've
seen) or Yuhi (the three and a half pound kiss giver that puffs up to
twice his size when he plays)or Kokie (the boy we found starving in a pet
store, and who surprised us both by living past the week we had mentally
given him) crosses the bridge, the posts on this forum will be a great
comfort.

You see, each one of our trio gives so much while asking for so very
little in return, that they have stolen our hearts completely, and we
couldn't love them more if they were fur-less, spoke in sentences, and
went to school every day.  To me, these posts are very relevant.  In
fact, they have become nearly essential.  It gives those of us with
lost/sick/dying/passed ferrets the reassurance that our beloved babies
are save, warm, and happy where they are.

It assures us, once again, that love is never in vain, but continues past
the illusion we call death.