From:
LvMyPhzBtt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:32:42 -0400
Dear "Annoyed",
I am positive that you've gotten a ton of flame mail for your posting, so
I'm not going to flame you.  I just want to help you understand.

Lucky you, you have children!  I cannot have children.  I'm 40+ years old
and consider my ferrets in my care to be my children.  Many people feel
the same way about their pets, whether it be ferrets, dogs, cats, rats,
whatever.

With regard to postings about the Rainbow Bridge, I believe this is a
matter of giving closure to some.  It is a ritual, much like burial and
a eulogy.

I suggest you broaden your horizons and see the diversity outside of your
world.  I pity one who cannot practice tolerance to those who differ from
him/her.  FML has not only been a source of information, but a sharing of
comfort, joy, sorrow, and celebration as well.

With regards to feeding ferrets live food, I might remind you that in
other very civilized countries ferrets are used for hunting.  It is
natural for a ferret to hunt food (thus mice/rats and sometimes the
occasional cockroach).  Although I personally do not feed live food to my
ferrets, there are some who share in the excitement of the hunt and the
joy of the results their ferret feels.

I, for one, am grateful for FML and all who post here, including you.  It
reflects just how many ferret owners/lovers there are in the world today.
I hope you "come around" and understand the diversity that is known as
FML.

Warmest Regards,
Dee