From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:13:06 -0400
Fluid:

If ascites and/or edema then the vet will likely start by looking for
possible  heart problems like cardiomyopathy

(For cardiomyopathy info I'd suggest starting with:
http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/ferrethealth/cardiomyopathy.txt
which also contains links to further info

(There are also other forms of cardio info in the Files section there on
heartworm in the common parasites file and heart block in its own file.)

and also begin doing blood tests for organ checks and possibly pull a
node because some other possible, but less common causes include liver
disease, kidney disease, and lymphoma/lymphosarcoma, and the places I'd
suggest starting for info on those are
http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html
and
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/

He is urinating so prostate inflammation isn't up there on the possible
list now, but this problem (which tends to be secondary to adrenal
growth) is covered in another FHL file.

Silly Girl, a little tolerance, please.  If the mourning posts or
mourning aids bother you then just scroll past them.  They help others,
and that is what is important.  It is impossible to judge another
person's needs, wants, emphases, or choices in life without walking a
mile in that person's shoes and since none of us can do that we just have
to accept that this list is not designed and never has been designed to
suit one individual's likes, but to instead serve a diverse membership.
I suspect that pretty well everyone (including me) scrolls past some
types of posts; in this category it's just your turn to do so.  That's
not hard to do, especially when it helps so many heal better.