From:
Angel Meihls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:50:53 -0400
I was just at the GCFA this weekend dropping off some supplies and
admiring the hard work that they do for those poor little babies and I
noticed that there were quite a few that were fosterable because they
were on pred for insulinoma.  I know that it costs quite a bit of
money for adrenal surgery since we just had Charlie examined for that
possibility.  I have not had to deal with insulinoma yet though and I was
wondering if the costs of the vet visits and pred were comparable to the
cost of dealing with adrenal disease.  How long can a fuzzy usually have
a quality life once diagnosed with this?  What is the first real sign
that a ferret is having problems?  Is there a certain age that it usually
shows up in?  Sorry if these are all redundant questions on the FML but
after seeing those babies I start to wonder about mine even though they
seem healthy and happy to me.

Angel (Charlie, Loki and Skyla)