Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:34:05 -0700
I have had ferrets for 7 years now.  Over that time I have had a total of
17 ferrets - of those I currently have 12.  This is the most I have had
at any one time.  In that time I have NEVER had a ferret that would not
get along with ther others.  Sure there has been the usual fighting for
dominance and minor squabbles over treats and such, but in the end no
ferret has ever refused to lay down with another at the end of the day.
I have three cages and I switch the guys and gals around the three cages
on a daily basis depending on who is awake at a given time to come out to
play and later on who is wiped out and ready to go back in.  I also have
4 free range guys that never get caged unless I am going to be gone for a
day or two.

So I'm wondering, how common is it really to have ferrets that do not get
along?  I have certainly never seen it.

This question was prompted by Mark of Cloud Nine Ferrets stating he had
12 ferrets currently in his shelter, all of whom hated each other and
needed seperate play times.  My question is in no way directed just at
him, his post was merely the impetus for my curiosity on this issue.

 ====
In the best of times, I hold in my mind the need to care for things
beyond the self: poetry, humanity, grace.  In other times, when it seems
difficult merely to survive and be happy about it, the condition of my
thought tastes as simple as this: let me be a good animal today.
-Barbara Kingsolver, "High Tide in Tuscon"
~*~*~
http://foxfoot.tripod.com/