From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 04:50:48 EDT
>would like to know... if blind or seeing impaired ferrets have different
>behaviors than other ferrets or not.

Wolfy,

I have two ferrets that are regular Mr. Magoos.  Blind as bats.  And they
couldn't care less.  Ferrets don't have the best sight to start with..
Mine travel purely by sound.  They go everywhere the sighted ones do.
And do everything the sighted ones do.  The only difference I have found
for me, is that they jump when I go to touch them.  So I always speak to
them, and lay my hand on them before I pick them up.  Plus little white
canes wouldn't work.  The sighted ferrets would just hide them.

Hugs,
Robin & Doodlebug
http://www.geocities.com/kourifanclub/doodlebug.html
Kouri Fan Club...Doodlebug