From:
Kevin & Julie Groninga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 15:56:18 -0700
http://www.wuzzles.com/ferrets/wuzzle_cam/wuzzle_cam2/320x240_streaming.htm

Hey gang!  After months of talking about it, I finally finished our brand
new Wuzzle CAM #2!  This one is completely mobile and apart from an AC
power cord is also completely wireless!  Yep, we can take it anywhere in
the house and allow you all to see some of the things going on around
here!  Of course Wuzzle Cam #1 is still operational, but is a 'fixed'
camera mounted just outside of the large play area we built for our
little darlings.... Although it too is wireless, it doesn't have a
pan/tilt control.

Right now I have the camera just outside of Miss Mittens cage and nest
box.  She sleeps an awful lot, but every once in a while she gets up to
grab a bite to eat or when we take her out for play and exercise!  Should
be a good opportunity for everyone to watch the little ones and see them
grow.  Right now they're just over 2 weeks old!  The camera has a custom
lens attached and gives a very nice 'close-up' view of the opening of her
nest.  Although it's a bit dark in there, the camera adjusts for lighting
conditions and during the day it should be rather easy to see in there.
Besides, it won't be long and the little ones will begin growing large
enough to sneak out of the nest for trips to mothers litter box....

For those 'techies' in the group, here's what the camera consists of: An
Axis 2100 Network Video Camera mounted on top of a Survey Corp.  Pan/Tilt
Transit (allows the user to move the camera up/down and side to side).
This is all attached to a Linksys WET11 Wireless bridge (connects to the
rest of our wired network).  All of this and a power strip are then
mounted to a standard camera tripod.  The whole thing is easily movable,
adjustable for height and angle and should be capable of being placed
anywhere in our home!  The only thing we need is AC power and VIOLA!
Instant web cam!  The web pages and design I created myself.

So, we'd like ALL of you to stop by and take a peek at our newest
additions to the Wuzzle clan!  We'd also like to hear your comments and
feedback about the camera.  (BTW, I do network video cam installations
for small businesses, so if you're interested in this kind of thing for
your office, day care, nursery or any other security application, feel
free to drop me a line!  There are lot's of choices, features and price
ranges that make internet/intranet video cams VERY affordable and cost
effective!)

            Click on the link below to see our NEWEST Web Cam!
http://www.wuzzles.com/ferrets/wuzzle_cam/wuzzle_cam2/320x240_streaming.htm

West Valley Wuzzles! Ferret Breeding
Operators: Kevin & Julie Groninga
http://www.wuzzles.com/ferrets/