From:
Veronica Jennings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:58:59 -0700
Hi all...my name is Veronica.  I am basically new to owning ferrets.  I
had one about 10 years ago, but being illegal in CA there wasn't a lot
of info available t o me...so I flew by the seat of my pants basically.
She was a wonderful, sweet little girl that my landlord brought to my
door in a fishnet (he brought all the critters to me).  I had no idea
where she came from and couldn't put in an ad for fear of confiscation.
She was precious!  We moved to TN 4 months later with her...2 months
later she had died.

I knew from my sister that females will die if unspayed and in a
prolonged state of being in heat...but I didn't know the signs...I
found shortly after this is what did her in.  Now I am about to get 6
tomorrow... only keeping 2 for myself... the others are going to other
good homes in pairs since they have all known comp any there whole lives
but one...she was a single fert.

The are all MF bred and 5 I know are UTD on all shots and the youngest
one is 18 mos and the oldest is 2 1/2 years...4 male and 2 female.  I
went out and bought corn cob bedding for the litter box and have b/w
newspaper as substrate.  They have toys and will be getting more after
they arrive...:D

My main question right now is on food.  I bought a pellet food that is
high in protein as it should be, but the main ingred is kibbled corn.
The crude protein is 32% though and crude fat at 10%, crude fiber 4%.
It's called "Premium Vita-vitt les Gold" made by L/M Animal Farms who has
a site at http://www.hartz.com .  I could list all the ingreds, but it's
awfully long.  Could anyone give me any insight if the % is good?

Thanks in advance...:D

Veronica

owned by 1 loud, 13 yr old siamese (who new the other fert)

3 dogs (10 yr old pibull who LOVES all animals...used to play with my
squirrel:

2 year old dachsy/feist mix...will watch her reactions closely: 7 year
old chow mix who lives outside)

1 (1yr old) anole

1 (13 yr old) tarantula

and my obsession...a 4 yr old iguana (soon to have competition).

P.S.  Today's digest was my first one and I must say I was laughing so
hard I was crying...and all by myself...after reading the stories from
the members here.  I even woke up my 18 year old daughter earlier than
she wanted to get up so I cou ld read a couple of the stories to her...
by the time I was done she was weak wit h laughter too!  What a great
way to start the morning!

 ,,
"The important thing is not to stop questioning."
-Albert Einstein