From:
kenders_lass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:07:19 -0400
Ok, I saw the ad, and HATED it.  I logged onto their site and left them
the following letter.  While I was extremely upset and wanted to write
more from my heart, I kept it short and civil.

I am writing this letter in concern for the negative way your recent
television ad misrepresents the behavior of ferrets.  I am owned by ten
of them myself, and have many friends who are owned by them as well.
NEVER have any of mine acted so badly or so violently.  We all believe
that this ad does more damage towards the reputation of ferrets then it
does good for selling your product.  Ferrets were domesticated long
before cats, yet people still think they are wild animals.  Your ad any
makes them look like they are nasty and ill behaved and this is simply
not true.  I am asking for this ad to be removed, or at the very least,
reworked, so as to show ferrets in a more natural and complementary way.

Thank you,
S. Deem