From:
Alberta Ferret Society - President <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 07:19:23 -0600
Hello FMLers

The Alberta Ferret Society's Mascot made it's debut appearance on July
18, 2002 in front of 175,000 spectators who gathered to watch Edmonton's
Klondike Days Parade.

Sadly though :o( our mascot does not yet have a name!  We at the AFS
think he deserves a very special name so we've decided to hold a contest.
Please visit our web page at http://www.albertaferretsociety.com
to have a look at our nameless :o( mascot.  Just click on the "AFS Mascot
Naming Contest" in our "Quick Updates" section.

This contest is open to everyone and runs from July 27, 2002 to August
31, 2002.  To enter just mail us your "Mascot Name" along with a $1 entry
fee* (one name per entry fee) to the
Alberta Ferret Society "Mascot Name" at P.O. Box 68209, 162 Bonnie Doon
Mall, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6C4N6.  Be sure to include your name
and contact information (either a phone number or email address).  If
using a phone number please include your area code.

The winner will receive their choice of a $20 PETsMART Gift Card or a $20
The Ferret Store.com Gift Certificate.  Where multiple entries of the
winning name have been submitted the final winner will be selected by a
random draw.

Draw date is Sept 1, 2002.

Please note that as of this posting the link on our web page was being
misdirected to our "Ferret Sweater Raffle".  We hope to have this error
corrected very soon so please keep trying.

*All proceeds raised support the rescue and education programs of the
AFS.

Barbara Gustafson
Alberta Ferret Society
President