From:
valerie wahoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:11:12 -0700
If you have a weak stomach, Please don't read this..

If you have a love for mice, Please don't read this...

If you are looking for a new "snack" for your ferret, and have the heart
to feed them mice, you can read this.

A while ago I read that ferrets could be fed mice as an occasional "snack
or treat" Being that they had a lot of protein.  I thought since Noodles
enjoyed Snickers so much(he was a mouse that had a date with destiny),
I'd go to Pet Depot and get a few feeder mice they had for sale.  I put
the opened box in the tub and put Noodles in.  She lunged straight for
the mouse and well....It was kinda messy.  After that it was Buckie's
turn....(the while I was holding Buckie while Noodles ate so he'd see it
as food) Buckie played with the mouse a little bit, and finally he licked
his chops and snatched the mouse and get this...he jumped out of the tub
with the mouse hanging in his mouth, running under my mom's bed and
STASHED IT!!!  I could just imagine my mom's horror when cleaning under
there....So I put them back in the tub and he finally ate it a little and
Noodles finished it off.  I'm sure the extra protein was a little good
for em, and I gave them ferret-lax so I wouldn't have to worry about them
getting a hair ball.  ..

I attempted to give Mojo one, but she had no interest in it whatsoever...
Please don't email me saying it was mean, cruel, and unnecessary...I
did not name them, Heck..I didn't even notice what color they were...I
probably did them a favor...there were about 30 mice in that glass
aquarium.

On another note...All 3 of them have their appointment today to get their
vaccinations.  I am praying that none of them have a reaction, because
I've heard of some ferrets having searious reactions to the shots.

-valerie mojo buckie and noodles

~*~*~ VALERIE ~*~*~
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_