From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 08:16:55 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled tube tyrants...

(This is MY tube and you *will* back out of it!)

Elwin Bullard mumbled something about:
>On the lupron subject: I was going to order the four month shot for Saffy
>until I found out the price. Its $125.00 + shipping.

I agree that the price is quite high.  I don't believe it is a scam,
though.  The problem is that there just aren't enough ferrets out there
as pets.  The drug companies need to sell a certain amount in order to
actually make a profit off of the sale.  Therefore, they send a batch of
the drug in powder form, that, when mixed with water (or another solvent)
makes a single bottle that is good for multiple doses.  Unfortunately,
if you are your vet's only customer with a ferret that needs that
medication, you are stuck.  He has to pay for the whole bottle of
medication, but it goes bad after a period of time.  He can only sell
you that single dose and probaby has no other client with a need for it
before it goes bad.  The result is that he has to bill you for the entire
bottle.

Now, if you had neighbors in a nearby town that also needed the drug, you
should then share the price.  In fact, if you lived near a shelter, I'm
sure that the cost could be split between you and the shelter's ferrets.
However, if that isn't the case, then the price would continue to be
quite high.

BTW, thank you for the link to the article about the BFF!  I found it
quite interesting and only wish I'd seen the segment on television.

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/