Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 06:55:20 -0700
My local Petco has my phone number to call me regarding unsaleable
ferrets.  I have gotten one ferret from them this way so far - a little
girl who had jumped out of the enclosure and broken her leg.  They gave
her to me at no cost, along with a receipt and all her Marshall's
paperwork as well as the pain meds they had gotten from their vet.  It's
nothing to them, they just write it off.  They were told by the vet that
the leg would heal fine on it's own but that she would need to be closely
confined for several weeks.  They didn't want to send her back to the
distributor either.  I suppose they knew what her fate would be if they
did that.  So I have to say I am somewhat happy with our local Petco
(DeKalb, IL) but of course it could always be better.  If it was up to
me they wouldn't sell any animals at all.

They also call me when they get ferrets dumped on them by the community.
I have taken in two this way.

Anyways, my little broken leg girl Feona Hopper has grown into a lovely
ferret and there's no sign now that she was ever injured:
http://foxfoot.tripod.com/feona.jpg

Star

=====
The stars are close and dear and I have joined the brotherhood of the
worlds.  And everything's holy - everything, even me.  (John Steinbeck)
~*~*~ http://foxfoot.tripod.com/