From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 20:00:39 -0700
Here are the results of the FML July 4th ADV Card exchange.  We raised
$620.00 which will be sent to the University of Georgia ADV Research
Program.  I will get this sent off this week with a letter stating how
the money was raised and a list of all the contributors!

Not only did this exchange raise a great deal of money for ADV Reseach, it
was FUN, too!  You people constantly amaze me with your creativity and
generosity.  People sent hammocks, address labels, stickers and transfers!
(Diddy....your envelope was so cool!!!) And bookmarks, pictures, magnets
and ribbons!  (And Bob your card was too cute!!) A tee-shirt and a pack of
really cool notecards were a wonderful surprise!  And there were several
very touching poems!  (Tracy, what a trio of sweethearts you have!!!) It
was great to see all the cute cards and I hope others enjoyed it as much
as I did!

So now I would like to thank the following people for their very generous
contributions to ADV Research: Gail Elsey, Susan Malone, Carol Krause,
Misty Proctor, Lynn Barker, Lola Strode, Deb Carlson, Suzi Lambert,
Stephanie Grant, Linda Proulx, Jen Phillips, Diddy Wheeler, Linda Zerillo,
Tracy Haynes, Ron Carter, Bob Adkins, Amy Long, Mindy Morris, Kelly White,
Susan Di Muzio, Wendy Loughlin, Vickey Bishop, Corinn Lesperance, Trish
Black, Angela Dixon, Robin Jones, Serena DeCastro, Sandy Repper, Donna
Christen, Julie Pressey, Lisa Williams, The Curran Clan, Joanne Ruffner,
Alicia Drakiotes, Fran Brown, Ada Gibbs, Tracy Julch, Vicki Henderson,
Sharon Beardon, Jennifer Rasal, Dianna Desrochers,Erin Simkims, Faith
McIntosh, Flora Hendrick, Holly DiMeglio, and The Oracle.

I have already had people inquire about the next one!  Yes, we will do a
Labor Day one!  If you want to go ahead and sign up now, send me your
name!!  I already have lists started!  And while we are talking about
sign-ups, I wanted to say something about the number of people who signed
up this time and didn't send out cards.  There were several people who
signed up and asked me to remove their names because it turned out they
could not participate-which is fine!  We all understand how unexpected
things can pop up!.  For these people, I sent a message to the folks on
their list telling them to remove that person's name.  There were also
several who publicly posted on the FML apologizing for not being able to
participate after they had signed up.  It's too bad they couldn't
participate, but at least they let us know!  Thank you!  BUT there were
10 people who signed up and did not send cards or give any notice that
they could not participate.  Three of these people were on the same list.
To the other names on that, I do apologize.  I know when you sent your
cards out, you expected to get cards in return.  All I can do is say how
sorry I am!  So, if you want to sign up and join the fun, please join us!!
And if you join us, please send your cards!

Again, thank you to everyone for making this a wonderful success!  I am
sure the UGa will be pleased to see such support coming from the ferret
community!  Oh....and Vicki.....I really am sorry!!

Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope and Einstein
Precious Lily, Chaucer and Boomer!