From:
Christopher Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:35:51 -0700
Erin raised a good question, one I hadn't thought about.

What happens if we don't raise enough money to pay for both laptops?

If we don't raise enough to pay for one, then the money will be donated
to the DookNook Ferret Shelter in Jacksonville FL.  Jackie is moving her
shelter and needs funds.

If we can only pay for one; anything over the first 400 will be used on
TLE's system.  I will ship immediately and she can make payments at her
convenience.

If we pay for both computers; any excess will be donated to the DookNook
and also to SOS, 50/50 in the name of the FML.

If you don't know what I am talking about.  We are raffleing off a laptop,
$5.00 per ticket, to purchase another laptop for Troy Lynn's Shelter.  To
purchase a ticket:

1) go to paypal and pay $5.00 (for two entries) to [log in to unmask]
2) email the above address, the subject must be "raffle" as the computer
   is handling this and it will toss your entry otherwise.

then cross your fingers.  Before I spoke with Erin I had not considered
that we might not make 800 with 3000 people paying 5.00.  I was all
focused on how good it was going to feel to present Jackie and SOS with
a check for 5k.  I know it's impractical, but I like my way of thinking
better!

Anyone who wants to buy one of these systems outright, can either see me
on ebay or email me.  If you missed it yesterday's FML has all of the
specifications.

Kisdafur