From:
Nicole Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 09:35:12 -0500
I am a newer subscriber to the FML, and until I started reading, I had no
idea the dire straits that all of our shelters are in.  It breaks my heart
that they open their home and their hearts to welcome our fuzzies and they
can't get the proper support they need.

I work two jobs I have plenty of obligations of my own (1 dog, 2 cats,
and 2 ferts, family and friends), but I still feel like I need to DO
SOMETHING.  I live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and I have
written letters to the 2 shelters (both in Stillwater) I could find here
in MN and have gotten NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER.  I am desperate to find
somewhere I can help.  Unfortunately, I don't have any money to give, so
I figured the next best thing is to donate time, which I do have a little
extra of.  I am hoping there is someone out there who can help me figure
out how I can help.  I am willing to do about anything, scoop poop, feed,
water, transport (I have reliable transportation), etc.  I have good
typing skills, and I can think of about a million places where fundraising
for ferrets is never (but should be) done.  I don't think I have EVER seen
any fundraising opportunities, or adoption events for ferrets anywhere
in my area.  I am willing to try anything.  PLEASE, PLEASE, if you are a
shelter in my area, or know of a shelter in my area, let me know.  The
ones I found were on the SOS website, so please, no recommendations to
check there.  Someday I think I might open a shelter of my own, but for
now, it is just impossible.  I appreciate any help you can give me!!!!!!!

Nicole, Silly Girl, and Daisy Dooks