From:
Trish Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 11:00:37 -0700
Hello Ferret Friends.  I have been catching up on my emails and was
running a few FML's behind.  I could barely make it through the lists my
vision was so blurred with tears.  My heart goes out to all of you with
angeled fuzzies.  May they have a peaceful journey to the bridge.  For
those brave little ones that have upcoming procedures you are in our
prayers.  I have been so worried about Merry's lymphoma and my financial
strain from the vet bills that I've been a little out of it.  The recent
FML's have really put things in perspective for me.

Merry was unable to start her chemo on Monday because her white blood
cell count was over 20,000 (it's supposed to be 10k).  The vet found
another "lump" and isn't sure if a reoccurrence has happened already, or
if it's inflammation or infection.  We are going to start amoxicillian
and prednisone this week and do another blood work on 7/8/02 to see if
she's ready to begin her chemo next week.  After reading about everyone's
losses I realize that we're very lucky that Merry recovered from her
surgery so well and that treatment is possible, even if it isn't an easy
road.  Thank you to everyone for all your support and encouragement.

FYI I also found a hazard with the Rik-E Tik-E snake toy One day I found
that Pippin had crushed the rattle that is inside the tail and little
plastic pieces were loose inside.  Since it was his favorite toy that he
babies, I removed the rattle and all the plastic completely from the
inside and gave it back.  This toy is labeled a ferret toy so I never
thought that it could be dangerous.

Trying to keep 'em safe, Trish ~ Merry, Pippin & Zira