From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 02:00:36 EST
>I am taking it that a rice box to a ferret is the same as a sand box to
>a child.
>
>Since I have been read FML I know that many are worried about rice in
>a rice box for reasons.  I have changed the rice box to a popcorn box.
>(unpoped)  It does not swell as I know from growing my own and having
>to dry out or add moisture depending for perfect poping levels needed.  A
>50 pound bag cost about 2 dollars more than the rice.  My guys love it.
>
>Lona

Hi Lona ~

A few months ago someone posted about making a "bean box" with red kidney
beans.  I did the same thing.  My guys love it.  I found large bags of
red beans when they went on sale at our local grocery.  What I love about
them is there is no dust at all, and I'm not worried about my 2 getting
one caught in the nose lol.

Warmly ~
Mary
Herbalist