Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:55:51 -0400
From:
Dan Smith <[log in to unmask]>
I have a few questions about adopting older ferrets.  My wife and I are
talking to a coworker about adopting her 2 ferrets aged 3 (Sydney) and 5
(Sam).

As part of the process the coworker brought them to her vet for shots and
a checkup.  Unfortunately Sam may be showing the early signs of adrenal.
My concern is that we are going to be stressing this older gentleman
quite a bit by making him adjust to a new home with 5 existing ferrets.
I would hate to stress him out even more with surgery right away.  So
what is the best approach?  Should we wait before starting treatment,
and if so how long?

Also as fate would have it this older gentleman is named Sam, and we
already have another ferret named Sam.  How do newly adopted ferrets
take to having their names changed?

Dan