Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:31:23 -0400
From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
To Alicia:

Thank you for getting this out so quickly.  It caused people to get
involved and call and e-mail, which in turn caused Petco to quickly look
into the situation.  Mike M.  is clearly a dishonest guy and if he loses
his job that will be OK by me.  Without this scrutiny in this situation,
his lies might have gone unnoticed.  But he lied to the wrong person - a
dedicated shelter mom who didn't back down and got the word out quickly
to a network of people who care so much about ferrets.  It made a
difference, and will continue to make a difference.  A message was
clearly sent yesterday and I think it was heard loud and clear at Petco -
"Ferret lovers care about EVERY ferret, no matter how small or sick, no
matter how far away it is from them."

Yesterday Petco saw how the nationwide ferret community reacts when
ferret lives are in danger.  With calls and e-mails.  With outrage.  I
think that will have a lasting resonance that will be one of the steps
we take forward to improving things for ferrets.

Your follow-up with the true facts of the situation was also speedy and
relieved people as the word spread quickly.  Although many of us are
still upset about the lies that caused this whole furor in the first
place (Petco owes me a good night's sleep, at the very least, 'cause
I lost mine on Tuesday night!), the good news traveled fast and was a
relief.  Prayers went out for those kits from across the nation and
since we also have many Aussies and Brits on the FML, I'm sure I heard
some prayers coming from across the "pond" too.

Thank you Alicia!!

-Heather