Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 15:12:49 -0700
From:
"Linda M." <[log in to unmask]>
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and I've been on the list for about a week now reading the
messages and all.  I have no fuzzies, but I'm waiting to get one as soon
as I find one that I like.  (The local pet shop people know nothing about
ferrets and there aren't any breeders around here.) But anywayz, I have
some questions that I'm hoping somebody will answer?

I have already found a veterinarian that sees ferrets, he has around 30 in
practice (he does ferrets and exotics) But I just want to make sure that
when I get my fuzzy (which should be about 8 weeks old) what vaccinations
it needs and everything, like the names of them?  It should already have
the first part of the distemper vaccine (I think) but I won't swear to
it.  What vaccs. are approved for ferrets and is it ok if they mix?  I
want to make sure that I know when I go in there.  And what are the ages
that they need to be vaccinated? (against rabies and distemper)  Also,
are there any kind of heartworm preventions for ferrets?

Also, to whoever was reading the Harry Potter books, I hear that. =)
I didn't like Buckbeak eating the ferrets!  I'm currently reading the 4th
book, Goblet of Fire, and to my disamay(sp?) Malfoy turns into a white
ferret!  That makes me mad, and some other stuff happens to him (as a
ferret) But you'll see if you continue to read them!  Malfoy gives
fuzzies a bad name!

Linda