From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:46:36 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=540

>My Critter was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma on his Prepuce. Had it
>removed, did a PU procedure, the whole kittenkaboodle. The biopsy came
>back that it was malignant.
>
>Four months later the tumor was back in the same place, looked the same,
>everything was the same. Off to the vet, had it removed. The biopsy came
>back benign.

It would certainly be malignant - especially if it came back.

These tumors can be a bit tricky, especially to pathologists who aren't
very familiar with ferret tissues.  Often you get a small piece of a big
tumor, which in other areas of the tumor may look VERY malignant, but you
happened to sample a quiescent appearing section.

Adenocarcinomas of the sweat glands of the prepuce can be very malignant,
and it appears if this one is.  Make sure you get every bit of it out as
humanly possible and keep your fingers crossed...

with kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM